The holiday season is officially upon us which means we are hustling and bustling all day into all night. Between the busy-ness of work, errands, family get-togethers and Christmas parties, it’s hard to find time to take care of ourselves. So for those days when you’re racing around and suddenly find you have to rush to get ready for your night on the town, I can help. By following these valuable makeup tips, you won’t need to wash your face and start all over. Instead, you’ll be able to turn your dewy day look glam in just minutes.
1. The main difference between a day and night application is the makeup’s intensity. If you’re running short on time and there’s no way you can reapply from scratch, don’t worry. You will still end up with a stunning evening look. The trick is to focus on intensifying what’s already there.
2. Start by using a makeup remover wipe or a Q-Tip to remove any eyeliner or mascara smudges you find beneath your eyes. Makeup often drops throughout the day creating what can be mistaken for dark circles under your eyes – and you need a clean palette to look fresh for night.
3. Next, spray your face with a hydrating toner to replenish your skin with moisture and to help you feel refreshed.
4. Now it’s time to intensify your eyes. First, apply and smooth a dab of concealer under each eye (and to any blemished areas that need touch-ups). If you like your day look, keep it, just layer on more. That means adding more of the same colour eye shadow you’re wearing or going one shade darker. Then it’s time to apply a thicker line of eyeliner on top of your daytime liner. Now brush on an extra coat of mascara to create fuller lashes.
5. The next step is to darken your blush or add bronzer. Because evening lighting is much dimmer than the brightness of the day, your cheeks won’t get that healthy glow without a little extra love.
6. Finally, after lining your lips with a nude pencil, apply a clear gloss or nude lipstick. That way, you are sticking to the general rule of makeup application: Intensify the eyes, go light on the lips (and vice versa).
For your evening look, I always recommend making your eyes stand out in a crowd, and in that case, a natural, glossy lip works best to balance your gorgeous glam look.