In every season, there’s always a reason to throw a party. It’s hot, it’s cold, there’s a long weekend on the horizon.Whether or not there’s cause to celebrate, you can bet we’re inventing one. Glory day, it’s time to clink glasses and be happy. But when you entertain, it means you need to feed your guests, and that means work. Need some quick and easy apps for your next get-together? Let us introduce our newest party staple. It’s the pickled bean—a single ingredient with countless recipe opportunities to help you become the mistress of home entertaining.
Never tried Matt & Steve’s Extreme Beans? You’re missing out. These yummy beans are the brainchild of roommates Matt Larochelle and Steve McVicker who founded Matt & Steve’s in 2000 while bartending. They set out to change the Caesar cocktail culture in Canada by replacing the “standard” celery stick with a pickled bean with a big crunch and bold flavour. And it worked.
Now you can not only enjoy these addictive babies in your trusty Caesar, you’ll find yourself munching on them straight outta the jar—and in some pretty fantastic recipes, like this Southwest Shrimp Cocktail. Best served in none other than a martini glass, it’s a pretty great way to say Cheers! C’mon, let’s hold on to summer for just one more weekend.
MATT & STEVE’S EXTREME BEAN SOUTHWEST SHRIMP COCKTAIL
Prep Time: 5-7 minutes
WHAT YOU NEED
- Pico de gallo
- Fresh cilantro
- Avocado, chilled
- Cocktail shrimp
- The Extreme Bean
- Chili pepper whole
- Cocktail sauce
- Nacho chips
WHAT YOU DO
- In a mixing bowl, add Pico de Gallo
- Add finely chopped fresh cilantro
- Peel and chop avocado into larger pieces (rustic) and add
- Chop Extreme Beans into 3 pieces and add
- Chop chilled cocktail shrimp and add
- Squeeze in juice from one lime
- Thinly chop chili pepper and add
- Add a couple tablespoons of cocktail sauce
- Shake Extreme Bean jar and add a little brine with spices to the mixture
- Stir everything together and let chill for 20 minutes
- Place mixture in a large martini glass
- Top with 2 nacho chips
Matt & Steve’s brands are available at national grocers and through food service providers from coast-to-coast in Canada and parts of the U.S. Other brands include B’nOlive™ and Matt & Steve’s Caesar Rimmer. Spend some time with them at www.mattandsteve.com.