Why does every time of year feel like the busiest? Even Spring. All we want is to get outside and smell the tulips but somehow, with the busi-ness of life in the way, we can’t breathe. Well, not anymore. This month, we’re doing more than weekly yoga to de-stress.
We’ve got something special on our spiritual agenda – something that will make us stop, breathe, and do exactly what we intend to do – make our dreams happen. It all starts with harnessing the power of intention – which you’ll learn to do at the Seduction of Spirit retreat, a week-long global meditation event held in Toronto this summer, headed by none other than spiritual guru Deepak Chopra.
Ditch your phone, emails, and all the other noise and join hundreds of yoga and meditation practitioners from around the world. Why bother? We’ll let the spiritual master himself explain.
The global meditation event of the year harnesses the power of intention, resulting in positive transformation from the inside out. Participants will benefit from increased joy and wellbeing in their lives, and the whole world will see a shift as we come together to meditate for global peace. Intention is the starting point of every dream. It is the creative power that fulfills all of our needs, whether for money, relationships, spiritual awakening, or love. Everything that happens in the universe begins with intention. When I decide to buy a birthday present, wiggle my toes, or call a friend, it all starts with intention. An intention is a directed impulse of consciousness that contains the seed form of that which you aim to create. Like real seeds, intentions can’t grow if you hold on to them. Only when you release your intentions into the fertile depths of your consciousness can they grow and flourish.
In my book The Seven Spiritual Laws of Success, the Law of Intention and Desire describes the five steps for harnessing the power of intention to create anything you desire.
1. Get Clear on your Intentions and Desires Most of the time our mind is caught up in thoughts, emotions, and memories, and it’s easy to fall into the grip of our ego’s fears and demands. It is therefore important to remind yourself – day in and day out – of your intentions, desires, and spiritual purpose. Many people find it helpful to write down their intentions and review them each day, just before meditation.
2. Slip into the Gap Once you’ve reviewed your intentions and desires, let them go – simply stop thinking about them and begin your regular meditation practice. In meditation you experience your true Self, which is pure awareness, pure potentiality, and pure being. When you’re rooted in the experience of pure potentiality, your intentions can spontaneously manifest with effortless ease.
3. Remain Centered in a State of Restful Awareness Intention is much more powerful when it comes from a place of contentment than if it arises from a sense of lack or need. Stay centered and refuse to be influenced by other people’s doubts or criticisms. Your higher Self knows that everything is all right and will be all right, even without knowing the timing or the details of what will happen.
4. Detach from the Outcome Relinquish your rigid attachment to a specific result and live in the wisdom of uncertainty. Attachment is based on fear and insecurity, while detachment is based on the unquestioning belief in the power of your true Self. Intend for everything to work out as it should, then let go and allow opportunities and openings to come your way.
5. Let the Universe Handle the Details Your focused intentions set the infinite organizing power of the universe in motion. Trust that infinite organizing power to orchestrate the complete fulfillment of your desires. Don’t listen to the voice that says that you have to be in charge, that obsessive vigilance is the only way to get anything done. The outcome that you try so hard to force may not be as good for you as the one that comes naturally. You have released your intentions into the fertile ground of pure potentiality, and they will bloom when the season is right. I invite you to take some time to consider your intentions, your desires, and where you want to focus your attention in the months ahead. Thousands of years ago, the Indian sages observed that our destiny is ultimately shaped by our intentions and desires. The classic Vedic text the Upanishads declares: You are what your deepest desire is. As your desire is, so is your intention. As your intention is, so is your will. As your will is, so is your deed. As your deed is, so is your destiny.
About Seduction of Spirit: Seduction of Spirit is a rare opportunity to step away from the constant demands on our attention – the emails, text messages, phone calls, meetings, errands, and conferences – and dive into the stillness and silence that flows beneath life’s chaotic surface. This beautiful retreat is about slowing down and tuning into the peace of present moment awareness. In a supportive group of like-minded individuals, Deepak Chopra and other Chopra Center master educators will guide you in Primordial Sound Meditation, Seven Spiritual Laws of Yoga, visualizations, creative activities, and discussions that will help you move from constriction to expansion, from fear to love, and from heaviness to happiness. For more info on the retreat and ticket sales, check out http://www.chopra.com/seduction-of-spirit/august-2014