This summer, we’re enjoying meals like never before—eating in, eating out, it’s all YUM. So why is it there are some foods that always seem to get a bad rap despite being so good for you? The media is swirling with negativity—don’t eat this, don’t eat that—but some of those foods are actually full of health benefits. When choosing what to put in your mouth, and in your recipes, you need to be informed, not just of the bad but also the very, very good.
So here we have it just for you: The top 5 foods you should eat and a yummy recipe for each so you can whip them up into meals at home.
5 Foods You Should Eat and Eat and Eat
- They are chock full of protein and antioxidants
- They are a large supplier of choline, which helps to prevent breast cancer
- Another plus: They fill us up while remaining low-cal
2. GREEK YOGURT
- Greek yogurt has twice the amount of protein
- It’s high in calcium
- It comes in a variety of flavours, many of which are fat-free
- It’s delicious plain but you can dress it up with some healthy toppings, too, like nuts and berries
- You can substitute the Greek variety in your favourite recipes
Try: Cookie Dough Cake
- Salmon is one of the best sources of Omega-3
- It’s high in Vitamin D
- It helps to prevent heart disease, improve skin, stimulate weight lost, and boost your mood
4. EDAMAME & TOFU (SOY)
- Sticking to foods such as edamame and tofu are the ideal replacement for the high fat in meat and cheese
- As a bonus, these two high-protein choices contain fibre, vitamins, and even some isoflavones that just may help to prevent breast cancer
- It’s a fantastic source of monounsaturated fats that has been linked to lowering the risk of heart disease
- The unsaturated fat (the healthy kind) in it works magic when it comes to anti-inflammation
All recipes courtesy of Bite Me More.