Ready to spring clean that closet yet? If it’s dark in there, and full of wool, you better believe it’s time. The sun won’t wait. Someone’s gotta squirrel away the blacks and browns to make room for your bright Spring wardrobe. The question is: Which new pieces are must-haves for this season? If you could only have five, which would they be?
We have ours all picked out, and we’re sharing.
THE BRAZEN WOMAN TOP 5 FASHION PICKS FOR SPRING 2014
1. The Full Midi Skirt If you buy only one skirt this season, make it a full midi skirt. This nod to the 50s, Mad Men style, is back in vogue and it’s prettier than ever. Zip yours up and get ready to watch your waist turn tiny, no matter what your age or body type. Pair with pumps or strappy sandals and use Betty Draper’s classic style as your style inspiration.[slideshow_deploy id=’3976′]
1. Pink Tartan 9$245, 2. Pink Tartan $295, 3 H&M 69.95 4. Express $69
2. Prints & Patterns This year, you’ll want to channel your inner Anna Wintour. Start by buying an item of clothing – just about any item – in this year’s bold prints and patterns. Choose from Graphic, Floral, Stripes, Polka Dots, you get the picture. And don’t be afraid to mix and match patterns to add extra flair.[slideshow_deploy id=’3981′]
All Clothing 424 Fifth from Hudson’s Bay
3. Pastel/Nude Handbag Pastels are big this Spring, and handbags are an easy way to incorporate them into your wardrobe. Go for a purse in a soft shade of pink, powder blue or yellow to liven up any outfit. If you’re afraid to mix pastel hues, opt for a nude handbag. It will freshen up your classic blacks and bold blues.[slideshow_deploy id=’3989′]
1. Zara 79.99 2. Kate Spade $498 3. Coach $378 4. Danier $79.99 5. Danier $99
4. Drawstring Ankle Pants This relaxed pant is a welcome relief from skinnies. (Eat dessert and the drawstring becomes your best friend.) You can also take this pant from day to night just by changing your sneakers into heels. Pair with a fitted top.[slideshow_deploy id=’3995′]
1. Express $40 2. Loft 3. Express $40 4. Banana Republic $110
5. Statement Shoe A beautiful pair of shoes is priceless because it can transform any outfit from meh to WOW! Colour, pattern and texture – it’s all happening this season. So browse the stores, keep an open mind and have fun choosing shoes that match your personality.[slideshow_deploy id=’3999′]
Guilhermina Shoes prices range from $180 – $400 for leather Brazilian made shoes.