We just can’t stop and one let’s face it, no one can. We’re all addicts. If there’s one snack that we crave just about every minute of every day, it’s the salty amazingness of chips. Chocolate has its place in our lives, sure, but there’s nothing quite like devouring a bag of crunchy chips, one by delectable one.
Now we’re not talking about plain old chips here. If we’re going to indulge, we want to elevate our chip eating experience to the next level. Even better, we’re making sure that our chips are doing more for us than just satisfying our snack craving.
Is it possible that chips could be healthy? Or at least healthier? You bet—and we’ve found a brand you have to try. Today. Now. From now on. They’re called Terra Chips, and if you haven’t crunched the rainbow with these yet, you’re in for a serious treat. Move over boring old greasy snack. It’s time to make room for a delicious blend of exotic vegetable and potato chips.
Snazzy, nutritious, new.
Why We Love Terra Chips
These chips are not only tasty and colourful, but they’re also a source fibre, trans-fat free, gluten free and vegetarian. We’re calling that a win all round.
And we’ve got choices. Terra Chips come in 3 varieties we love:
- Terra Original: A sweet and salty mix of salty mix of taro, sweet potato, yuca, batata and parsnip
- Terra Sweets and Beets: Sweet potato and beets mixed together
- Terra Blues: Blue potatoes, sophisticated snacking at its finest.
Now get this. Not only are these chips the ideal snack to get us through the mid-afternoon slump, but we can cook with them, too—and we have. Think chips and dips, dessert toppings, even a key dinner ingredient. Think integrating them into your favourite recipe.
What recipe would you come up with? After wracking our brains, it hit us. What tastes better piled high with colour and flavour than a giant plate of nachos? Oh, yes. The cornucopia of flavours in each bite of our fave Tex-Mex snack screams Terra Chips. And as usual, we were right. So yummy, so addictive, so easy.
OUR BRAZEN TERRA CHIP RECIPE
We created our Terra Chips Nacho Dish two ways, depending on our plans:
- For your next cozy night in (if you both eat the garlic, nobody smells it, right?), just pile ‘em high and have at it!
- If you’re entertaining, set out a plate of our elegant nacho bites featuring Terra Blues.
BRAZEN TERRA CHIP RECIPE CONTEST
Hey, do you love to cook? Are you an aspiring food blogger? Do you think you have a winning recipe that uses Terra Chips?
If you answered yes, yes, yes, then you’re in luck! Because you could win the chance to have your recipe featured on brazenwoman.com PLUS a $150 gift card and an assortment of Terra Chips. All you have to do to win is develop a mouth-watering recipe featuring any of the Terra Chips products.
Step 1: Create a holiday entertaining recipe using Terra Chips. Make sure it’s yours. No plagiarizing please.
Step 2: Try it again to make sure it works.
Step 3: Take lots of great photos (HINT: Daylight is best, a DSLR camera is ideal).
Step 4: Write out your recipe, following the same format as our recipe below. Make sure to share a paragraph or two about the inspiration for your creation. *Remember: While we’re sure your kids are lovely, BW is a kid-free zone, so don’t make your story about them or their eating habits.
Step 5: Email your entry to BrazenEditors@gmail.com.
Deadline for entries: December 2, 2016. Note: Contest is open for Canadians ONLY.
The winning recipe will be featured on BrazenWoman.com on December 12, 2016
In the meantime, snack on some nachos, would ya?
What You’ll Need
- 4-6 cups of assorted Terra Chips (we used Terra Blues for the bottom layer and Terra Original for the pile-up)
- 1 lb ground turkey or chicken
- 1 pkg taco seasoning
- 2-3 cups of shredded Tex-Mex blend cheese
- 1-2 cups your favourite salsa
- 2 cups shredded romaine lettuce
- 1/2 cup each your fave cold nacho toppings
- sliced black olives
- black beans such as Yves Veggie Cuisine’s canned black beans
- sliced jalapeños
- sliced green onions
- diced bell pepper
- diced avocado
- sour cream
GET SNACKING: Terra Chips Nacho Pile-Up
What You’ll Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place a sheet of parchment paper on a baking sheet.
- Prepare taco meat (chicken or turkey) according to the taco seasoning package directions.
- Create a large circle on the parchment with a layer of Terra Blues chips.
- Liberally sprinkle with shredded cheese. Top with dollops of salsa. Sprinkle on some black beans. Pile on another layer of chips (we used Terra Original). Repeat the cheese, salsa, black bean combo.
- Place in oven and bake for 10-12 minutes until cheese is melted and it’s heated through.
- Have serving platter handy. Drag nachos onto platter using parchment, then tear off excess parchment so you can’t see it. Spread shredded lettuce around base of nachos and top with all the goodies.
- Have extra salsa and sour cream on the side for dipping.
What You’ll Do
- Place large Terra Blues chips on baking sheet. Top with a spoonful of cooked taco chicken or black beans (for your vegetarians). Sprinkle with a little cheese. Bake for 5-10 minutes until heated through and cheese is melted.
- Top with a small spoonful of salsa and a dollop sour cream and garnish with green onions or jalapeño rings.
Terra Chips are gluten-free and contain no artificial colours, preservatives, or flavours. They’re suitable for vegetarian, vegan, and kosher diets. For more inspiration, visit Terra Chips on Facebook.
Where to Buy: At major grocery retailers across Canada