Not long ago, we ran a contest, inviting you to submit your original brazen recipes using the deliciously addictive Terra® Chips. We know that Terra® Chips are a deliciously salty (and sometimes sweet) treat on their own. But we challenged you to cook with them to, and to come up with holiday appetizers that are just right for entertaining during this holiday season.
AND WE HAVE A WINNER!
Check out this fantastic recipe by Brazen Insider Judy Cowan. It’s the perfect savoury app for your holiday party. (Oh, and keep reading. Since we’re in the party mood, we’re throwing in a couple more easy, creative ways to serve Terra® Chips to your guests—or maybe just to treat yourself—below.)
Created By: Judy Cowan
The Story: I had never tried these chips but after reading your story, I decided to go out and buy a bag. They are tasty on their own but since it was a rainy Saturday, it was the perfect time to get creative.
The Inspiration: While out shopping, she had taste-tested a cheese ball and while it was good, it wasn’t great. So she decided to make her own version and add something special: Terra® Chips.
The Verdict: This festive app is easy to make and even easier to eat. Even her picky hubby loves it and we’re pretty sure that means everyone will.
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 1 bag Terra® Original Chips, divided
- 1 – 8oz Package Cream Cheese, softened
- 6 Strips Bacon, cooked crisp & crumbled
- 1 cup Extra Old Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- 3 tablespoons Chives, finely diced
- 4-8 drops Hot Sauce, alter depending on how spicy you like it
- Place Terra® Chips in a plastic bag and crush approximately 1 cup. Reserve the remaining chips.
- Whip softened cream cheese until smooth. Stir in crumbled bacon, extra old cheddar cheese, chives and desired amount of hot sauce until well blended.
- Roll mixture into a ball, cover with plastic wrap and put in refrigerator for at least 2 hours for flavours to blend.
- Just before serving, roll Cheese Ball in the crushed Terra® Chips. Serve immediately with reserved Chips, Vegetables or Crackers.
CRAVING MORE UNIQUE HOLIDAY APPETIZERS? Of course you are.
Try our Brazen Recipe App Ideas featuring Terra® Chips!
1. BREAK SOME BREAD
Instead of just dumping dip into a bowl, get creative.
Scoop out a fresh round sourdough or black bread and use that as your dip holder. Right before serving, pour your favourite creamy dip into the hollow loaf (we love ourselves a great spinach dip!) and arrange the colourful Terra® Chips in a circle on the plate around it.
2. GET A LITTLE CRAFTY
You can make any holiday party feel festive by adding your DIY touch.
Just google paper cones on the Internet and print some using your favourite holiday gift wrap. Then heat the chips, arrange them in the cones, and top with chunky salsa for an extra kick.
Can’t decide if you’re craving something savoury or sweet? Turn your Terra® Chips into dessert and get the best of both worlds!
All you do is heat up personal ramekins of hot fudge sundae sauce and sprinkle with baby marshmallows or chocolate chips. Garnish with a candy cane for extra cuteness. Your guests will have fun dipping their chips to their hearts’ content.