This season, we’re looking bold. As in Military Operation. It’s just what it sounds like. A strong fashion statement in the form of army-inspired clothing, and it’s flexing its muscles in so many different ways from camouflage to khakis, olive hues, and so much more. Who pulls off this look like it’s a natural part of everyday life? No contest. We salute Jennifer Aniston as our army trend icon. Whether she’s sporting aviators, khaki pants, bomber jackets, pea coats, combat boots or camo prints, this woman is always ready to fight off the paparazzi with her off-duty, utilitarian style. Not only that, she has proven time and time again that this is an easy-to-adopt look for every day. To that, we say: Affirmative! So how do you wear the military look? It’s easy.
SPRING FASHION TRENDS 2015: THE ARMY LOOK
5 WAYS TO WEAR MILITARY FASHION
1. Basic Training No need to go head to toe with this one (remember, you are not hiding in a bush!). Simply integrate a key piece or two with basics you already own. For instance, pairing a military-inspired vest with a pair of slim fit pants or a white tee with a pair of cargo pants will still guarantee you your stripes.
2. Zero Dark Thirty Wondering which colours work best with olive, army green, khaki and tan—aside from white, of course? It’s easy. Go dark! Black and “in-the-navy” blue pairs nicely with all of these colours which means no loss of fashion demerit points here!
3. All Accessories On Deck The easiest way to incorporate a trend into an outfit is always through the use of accessories. Adding some military details, whether a camouflage-printed belt or similarly imprinted sneaker is so simple to do and yet keeps things chic and on-trend.
4. Mission Possible This trend can read a little less feminine that some of the other spring trends so for all you girly-girls out there, never fear. It’s easy to take elements of this trend and pair them with items of the bling-y, poufy and sparkly variety. Who says you can’t wear the military vest with a sequin skirt?
5. One Woman Army Own this trend by thinking more like a private and less like a civilian. This is not a trend that’s going away anytime soon so don’t be afraid to pick up several military-inspired items in your shopping travels. Consider these to be timeless investment pieces that will pay off year after year. Bottom line: Get some military gear STAT!
READY TO SUIT UP IN THIS BOLD TREND? HERE ARE 3 WAYS TO GO MILITARY. Vest (Banana Republic, $124) +Mendocino Velvet Tank Top (Mendocino, $66) Bella Dahl sweatpants (Andrews, $148) + Golden Goose Sneakers (TNT The NewTrend, $575) + Nada Sawaya purse (Andrews, Reg. $895; Sale $699) Mackage Trench Coat (Andrews, $390) + Gap Blouse (Gap, $54.95) + Nili Lotan Trousers (TNT The New Trend, $310) + Jeffrey Campbell Loafers (Capezio, $175) + Nada Sawaya purse (Andrews, Reg. $895; Sale $699) Mackage Trench Coat (Andrews, $390) + Oui Blouse (Oui, $195) + Bella Dahl Sweatpants (Andrews, $148) + Golden Goose Sneakers (TNT, The New Trend, $575) + (Mendocino, $58) Check out the slideshow for a woman’s take on military fashion, with choices handpicked from Bayview Village Shops.