Do you know how to eat after your workout for amazing results? You could be sabotaging all of your awesome fitness efforts by not filling your tummy with the right foods, at the right times!
Not to stress though – I got your back! In this week’s episode of FIT CHICKS TV, Head Chick Laura takes you through what, when & how to eat post workout to make sure you are blasting fat, keeping energy high and maximizing your muscles (welcome to the gun show!)
TOP 3 TIPS: How to Eat Post Workout for Amazing Results
- Eat the “right” foods within 1 hour of training to restore energy in the muscles
- Eat a snack that contains protein & carbs
- Carbs replenish lost glycogen stores (energy stored in muscles)
- Protein aids in muscle repair & recovery
- The snack should be 2:1 ratio of carbs to protein (ex 40g carbs to 20g protein)
- Aim for 200 -300 calories for every hour of exercise post workout for amazing results
Need some awesome & delicious ideas for a post workout snack? Try the following:
- Chick Power Ice Cream
- The Best Ever Kale Salad topped with 1/2 cup of cooked quinoa or chicken
- 1 scoop of Scrummy Yummy Apple Crumble topped with 1/2 cup of 0% fat greek yogurt
- Sharon’s “Late for Work” Green Smoothie with 1 scoop of protein powder
The possibilities are endless but first, follow the rules above and focus on real, whole foods made with love!