The holidays may be behind us but entertaining is still alive and well in 2014. Think friends might drop by this weekend? If you’re like the rest of us, you’re probably making sure the bar is fully stocked – just in case. Of course, it’s always a treat for guests to have you being so attentive to their bevvies needs. Who doesn’t crave a nice, tall glass of something delicious when they’re out having fun?
What we sometimes forget is to make sure to have something special on hand for those friends who aren’t drinking alcohol as well. These days, there are many of us who just aren’t drinking or are taking a break from cocktail hour after all the December partying. Whether we’re driving, on medications or just plain abstaining, though, we’d still love to raise our glasses with everyone – with something sweet made just for us. So this month, why not take the time to mix up a pitcher of Cran-Raspberry Mock-Tini Mocktail in addition to whatever else you’re serving?
This bright and beautiful drink is a crowd pleaser for anyone who doesn’t feel like dipping into the booze. Easy to make and fun to serve, it’s a simple mix of fresh ingredients and when it’s poured into a snazzy glass, it’s sure to make all of your guests thirsty for a sip.
Cran-Raspberry Mock-Tini Mocktail
- 1 tablespoon crushed raspberries
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/2 cup all natural cranberry juice
- Splash of raspberry flavoured sparkling water
- Garnish with cranberries on thin stir stick
- Lemon wedge
- Crushed candy or sugar
- Place crushed raspberries, lime juice and ice into shaker and shake until chilled.
- Add cranberry juice and sparkling water, mix well.
- Slice into the lemon wedge; run the cut lemon around the edges of martini glass and dredge the wet rim through crushed candy or sugar.
- Place cranberries into martini glass and pour mixture through strainer.
- Garnish to make it pretty!