Ever look in the mirror and wonder, “How is that my face?” We might feel 25 on the inside, but sometimes our skin betrays our age, even just a tiny bit. Although we’re committed to aging gracefully and with joy, it’s hard not to examine every line and wrinkle as it appears. We wish we could tell our 20-year-old selves to stay out of the sun, slather on sunscreen, and follow that 3-step regime that promises to slow the sands of time. But even if we followed all of the best advice, our skin is still going to lose its elasticity. Due to hormones, cell changes, and environmental impact, it’s inevitable.
The question is, do we have to go gentle into that goodnight or resort to cosmetic surgery to repair the damage we did in our inglorious youth? Maybe not. There are definitely lotions and potions galore, and we’re happy to share the ones that really do work. As you know, we love telling you about favourite ways to get our glow on.
Lucky for all of us, we’ve found another trick of the trade that you really want to know about. In fact, this one is going to send your fine lines, wrinkles, and droopy skin running for the hills. It’s the Silk’n Titan Skin Tightening and Lifting device. Talk about easy peasy. All it needs from you is a little patience and some time a couple of days a week. And voila! A revitalized, fresher-faced you is set to meet the day.
This hand-held device is an anti-aging tool that works with harmonized energy technology to reduce wrinkles and lift facial contours. Using revolutionary CER Technology, it strengthens collagen and elastin fibers from the inside out, delivering energy to your chosen areas, and activating your body’s natural restoration process beneath the visible skin. While you’ll feel some tightening right away, you’ll see a real difference after 10 weeks of regular use.
HOW YOU USE IT
Just plug it in and apply the special slider gel (or another clear, water-based gel) to the area of the face you want to work on. We chose our the fine lines around our eyes and the under eye contour area, as well as the deeper smile lines around the mouth.
Starting at energy level 1, move the device over the chosen area in slow, firm, massage-like arcs. There’s a mild sensation of warmth, and as the skin gets used to the heat, the energy level can be turned up. Aim for level 3-4 for best results . Continue the process for 10-15 minutes and then move to the next area (such as the other side). After you’re done, rinse the gel off the skin and apply a light facial lotion or moisturizing mask.
- Re-apply gel as needed to ensure a smooth gliding surface. We found we needed to put more on about every 5 minutes, especially once we raised the level to 4.
- Keep the device plugged in when using it. It’s not rechargeable, battery operated. We learned this the hard way after not understanding why it wouldn’t hold a charge or turn on when not plugged in.
- Level 3-4 will get you the best results, so after first use, start at level 2 and try to move up to level 4 for at least half the time. Level 5 is pretty hot. If your skin gets too hot or you feel burning, just take a break for a few seconds, then apply the Titan again.
- Work slowly and carefully and make sure the treatment surface is always in contact with your skin.
- Your skin will be pretty red afterwards, so don’t plan on going out. We used the Titan while Netflixing on a slow night.
WHY WE LOVE IT
It really works! Our skin felt tighter after just one use!
It’s easy to use, simple to clean, small and stores neatly in its handy case.
It is safe for all areas of the face and neck, and surprisingly, didn’t irritate our sensitive skin. The redness was gone within a couple of hours.
If you’re looking for a well-priced, non-surgical fix for tightening your skin and smoothing your wrinkles, this device is for you. Still not sure? Look at these before and after photos of women who took the Titan 10-week challenge.
Pretty amazing, right?
Titan is priced at $299 CAD and can be purchased from the Silk’n Canada website
Note: We were provided a Silk’N Titan device for product testing and compensation for sharing this information. However, we would not be sharing it with you if we didn’t believe in it’s efficacy. All opinions are our own.