When I was 22 years old, I lived in England for 6 months. Even though I was a low-paid barmaid living in a one-room bedsit with a bathtub down the hall (you had to put a pound coin in the meter to get a hot bath), I was still obsessed with skin care and beauty products. I’d given up a lot to live my adventure, but my lotions and potions were not among them. It was then that I fell in love with No7 skincare, a legacy product line with a cult following. And one that was exclusively sold in the UK at the time.
Imagine my delight several years ago when Shoppers Drug Mart began carrying No7. I quickly became addicted to the moisturizing and hydrating qualities of the classic Restore & Renew serum. And now history is repeating itself with the newest addition to the family, Restore & Renew Face & Neck Multi Action Serum.
Thankfully, my skin has held up pretty well. It’s probably a combination of genetics and my aforementioned love of beauty products. Up till now I didn’t seem to have a whole heck of a lot of wrinkles. But what I have noticed of late are changes in the texture and elasticity of my skin. Gone is the smooth, plump skin of my youth. In its place is what I fondly like to call—while squeezing my biceps—my elephant skin. There’s no amount of good genes that can reverse nature, and as we get older, our skin loses calcium. That’s why you see the delicate skin on the neck (and other places) become fragile and less firm, resulting in a crepey, papery texture.
FYI- all that constantly checking our devices turns turkey neck into ‘tech neck’, by the way.
So that’s where this new serum comes in.
Just like the other serums in this family, this one is clinically-proven and targets lines, wrinkles and pigmentation in your face. But in addition to the effectiveness we’ve come to expect, it’s been formulated with ingredients that actually help boost skin strength, particularly in the neck area.
The powerful wrinkle-fighting peptide blend Matrixyl 3000 Plus™ and vitamin A, which is found in all No7 serums, is souped up with an active complex of Calcium Amino Acids and Ceramides, all of which are designed to help boost epidermal strength and increase firmness.
Additional ingredients include hibiscus seed extract, , which is rich in amino acids and helps support collagen production and hyaluronic acid. Lightening technology of Sophora, Embilica (Indian gooseberry) Vitamin C and Gluconolactone help to rebalance melanin content, providing a more even skin tone, and fading of visible pigmentation. You’ll also see a reduction in crepiness and improved ﬁrmness in the neck area.
The proof is in the pudding, and after regular daily use:
• 96% of women had visibly reduced wrinkles on their face
• 97% had noticeably firmer facial skin
• 88% had a more even skin tone on their face
• 87% showed visibly reduced crepiness on their necks
• 92% had improved firmness in their neck area
WHY DO WE LOVE No7 SO?
• The serum goes on rich and silky, which makes it the perfect base for my moisturizer.
• It treats my sensitive skin well, and hasn’t caused any type of peri-menopausal breakout or skin disturbance.
• It really works. After just one day, I noticed a healthier glow and increased hydration and plumpness in my skin. And after just a couple of weeks, I’m already seeing reduced crepiness in my neck area and overall firmness in my face.
• It’s well-priced at $36.00 and provides excellent value and results.
Want to try this amazing product? Of course you do. You can find it exclusively at Shoppers Drug Mart. Hooked on the line? Round out your routine with the Day Cream, Eye Cream, and Night Cream, too. Or try one of the other No7 serums and skincare lines.They’re all great.