I am so excited. Today the temperature was above 10 degrees. I can feel—and smell—that spring is in the air. Which means that I’m ready to take up a new hobby. No, I’m not going to build model airplanes. I’ve decided to take up hiking. You heard me. A sport. I’m going to do a sport. Hear me out. I have my reasons.
Yes, health and wellness is a primary motivator. Hiking trails is a fun way to get some cardio and conditioning training in while enjoying the beauty of nature and livin’ in the moment. When I’m out walking, I just feel so at peace.
But I also have a second motive for taking up hiking. And it’s the gear. Far be it for me to turn down an opportunity to stock up on a wardrobe suited to a new hobby. If you look the part, you live it too, right?
My first step was footwear, of course. It’s always all about the shoes. And did I ever find a pair. One of our fave outdoor shoe brands, KEEN, just launched their first-ever athletic hiking shoe that is designed specifically for women.
And did they ever hit a home run (wrong sports reference?).
From the moment I laced up, I knew I was a hiker. My cute blue and purple booties told me so, and my feet agreed. These babies infuse style with all-terrain versatility and performance. Plus they feel so good that I could wear them all the time. Everywhere.
WHY KEEN HIKING BOOTS ARE DIFFERENT
- They’re designed just for a woman’s unique anatomical needs, with a nimble, glove-like fit. The lower collar height encourages freedom of movement, whilst a cushioned panel reduces pressure on the Achilles.
- They have a narrower last throughout the heel which provides stability for steep inclines and added cushioning that hits all the right places for protection and comfort downhill.
- The shoes feature a contoured heel lock for stability in unpredictable terrain and a molded collar and dual density PU foam footbed for comfort.
- A low density EVA midsole provides cushioning and a lightweight ride.
- An all terrain rubber outsole provides reliable grip with multi-directional lugs able to bite into the terrain when traversing more demanding surfaces.
WHY WE LOVE KEEN HIKING BOOTS
- They make us want to hike.
- The lightweight mesh upper provides protection and structure and the breathable mesh lining keeps feet fresh and dry in warm conditions.
- They’re light as air to wear.
- They come in adorable colour combinations so we don’t have to sacrifice style for a great fitting, functional hiker.
The Terradora is available in mid, low or a WP version with KEEN.DRY for the most inclement of conditions. Prices range from $165 – $175 CAD. Find out where to buy them right here.
Lucky for us, these shoes launched at the perfect time. With KEEN’s partnership with The Great Trail (TGT), which is set to be complete in summer 2017, just in time for Canada 150, I can explore the trail in style and comfort in my Terradora hikers.
Want to jump on your local leg of the trail in a pair of Terradoras? You’re in luck! You could win yourself a pair. Enter below!