It’s National Stress Awareness Month so it makes sense that we’re looking for ways to keep ourselves sane. Hey, we know: spa treatments. Better yet, we’re dreaming about ones we have to travel to. There’s nothing like being pampered in a faraway place, somewhere you may never have considered. From Elephant Yoga in Thailand to cedar enzyme soaks in Sonoma County, California and beyond, here is a sample of distinctive—and dreamy—spa treatments from around the world that will help serve to make all your tensions disappear.
5 SPA TREATMENT DESTINATIONS THAT WILL MELT YOUR STRESS
Elephant Yoga at Anantara Golden Triangle Elephant Camp & Resort – Chiang Rai, Thailand Elephants have long had a place in ancient ritual and meditation for both the Brahmin and local Buddhist traditions due to their calm nature, rhythmic pace and unhurried breath. At the Golden Triangle, guests can experience a different spa and relaxation practice, atop a trusted elephant. ‘Asana’ postures and breathing techniques encourage the body’s vital flow of energy and circulation to improve, alongside a wealth of flexibility, strengthening, and realignment benefits. Prices are $276 per couple and include:
- Leisurely trek through the resort’s bamboo forest
- Visit to the tranquil yoga Sala at the Baby Elephant Camp
- An hour long yoga class
Signature Cedar Enzyme Bath & Wrap at the Osmosis Day Spa Sanctuary – Sonoma County, California The increase in circulation and metabolism will give visitors the immediate benefits of reduced tension and fatigue, radiant skin, relief from aches and pains, and improved digestion, leaving everyone feeling calm and refreshed. This package is $99 for one person and $89 for two or more persons, and includes:
- Tea in the Japanese Garden
- Signature Cedar Enzyme Bath
- Hemi-Sync sound Therapy session in a private blanket wrap room
Reserve: (707) 823-8231 or www.osmosis.com
Thermal Experience at the Spa Du Verger at Hotel La Ferme – Baie-Saint-Paul, Quebec Spa du Verger offers sublime experiences for rejuvenating the senses, where visitors can find moments of pure tranquility. The spa’s massages range from Swedish, shiatsu, and hot shells along with popular thermal experiences. The thermal experiences are available daily, without a spa treatment, with rates starting at $35 for adults and $15 for kids aged 6 to 15. The experience includes choices from:
- Snow Fountain— Prepares fine crushed ice to rub on the body after hot sequences
- Hot and Cold Outdoor Pools— Set at 102°F and 53°F
- Nordic Shower— Set at 46°F with a 14” shower head
- Finnish Sauna— Includes a large window overlooking the fields where the sheep cavort
- Eucalyptus Steam Room— Features a semi-circular layout and glass-ceramic surfaces
- Shaded canopied outdoor massage and relaxation areas
Reserve: (418) 240-4120 or www.lemassif.com
Drift to Sleep at the Ritz Carlton Naples – Naples, Florida This specialized journey is designed to help release physical and mental energy by promoting sleep at a deep state of sub-consciousness. The ultimate relaxation therapy is designed for an over-active mind or sleep-deprived individual who has trouble falling asleep – and staying asleep. Rates are $240 for 80 minutes or $295 for 110 minutes and include:
- Aromatherapy milk bath or relaxing foot scrub and soak
- Warm body massage with aromatherapy oils
- 20-minute nap on a calming feather duvet
For reservations, call (239) 514-6100 or visit the Ritz Carlton Naples website.
Siam 2482 Signature Massage at the Anatara Siam—Bangkok, Thailand To commemorate the year of BE 2482, when the kingdom changed the name from Siam to Thailand, this signature massage was developed and woven around this number. The signature massage promotes the blood circulation and the muscle tension release, offering guests true relaxation and stress-free moments. Price starts at $150 per person for 90 minutes and includes:
- 2: Two bamboo sticks
- 4: The treatment consists of four massages – Thai massage, Bamboo massage, Thai Herbal compress massage, Foot Reflexology massage
- 8: Eight pieces of indigo compress balls
- 2: Two gold leaves placed on the wish area
*Prices are subject to applicable taxes Reserve: email@example.com or www.siam-bangkok.anatara.com We’re taking out our magic de-stress roller.
Where are we sending you?