OK, here it is. The truth you need to set those fitness goals. Ready? We’re hitting you with it hard now: Workouts take a lot of work. What? I have to work to get in shape? Oh yes. Exercise is no piece of cake (which is too bad because we really love cake). Far from it, sadly. Not only do we expect our sweat to bring results (and cake!), but we want to get through it feeling no pain. And yet, we can’t get around the fact that it’s easy to get hurt out there. For all you exercise freaks, here are three products—for pre, mid and post workout—that make panting and puffing just a little bit easier. If these won’t help ease the pain of exercise, then nothing will.
3 Products You’ll Want for Your Pain-Free Workout
1. PRE-WORKOUT: ROCKTAPE
Imagine this. You just tape yourself up and then, when you work out, the tape will improve your performance, while treating injuries and training your body toward better posture. Welcome to RockTape, a kinesiology tape that athletes used to stay strong during the Winter Olympics.
In addition to treating sports injuries, taping up is also an effective way to correct bad posture by training your body into alignment. We spend billions trying to find the solution to back pain, when correcting the underlying postural issue that is at the root of pain can be simple, natural and inexpensive—thanks to RockTape.
2. MID-WORKOUT: BODY GLIDE
Nothing is more irritating than that chafing feeling that sometimes happen right when you’re getting your best sweat on. All you need to make sure it doesn’t happen to you is Body Glide. This company has created an entire line of anti-chafing balms to make sure that nothing will take you out of the zone when you’re mid-workout. Just glide on the clean, invisible balm to guard against discomfort from shoes that rub feet raw, irritation in skin folds and creases, and clothes that chafe and bind in sensitive places. There are 5 fabulous balms to choose from at www.bodyglide.com:
- Body Glide Original ($9.99) is a great choice for your every day workout. Intended as a barrier to the effects of rubbing, its formulation makes it easy to apply for all-day protection from skin on skin rubbing, chafing from clothing, or pinching and friction from shoes, protective gear, and other irritants.
- Chamois Glide Balm ($9.99) is the right choice to guard against saddle sores. It’s nothing like greasy butters, messy jellies, and moist creams that leave many cyclists feeling like they are riding in a wet diaper.
- Glide Skin Protection Balm For Her ($7.99) is ideal for bras and sports bras, and sensitive areas where rubbing from your undergarments and clothing is irritating or causes chafing. It’s also great for feet. Formulated with Vitamin F Forte to help keep skin soft and moisturized.
- Skin Glide Balm ($9.99) works to keep toes and feet protected. As you rub it on, it transforms to a silky smooth surface that helps guard skin against friction and rubbing by footwear, clothing, or skin on skin contact. It’s a barrier against chafed, chapped skin and comforting over cracked skin. It’s ideal particularly for hard-to-reach places like between toes.
- Foot Glide Balm Blister Resister ($7.99) is the one you need to treat rubbing that causes painful irritation, chafing, hot spots under feet, blisters, or raw skin. It’s invisible and comfortable, like it’s not even there.
Sure, you need a shower post-workout, but that won’t take care of your aches and pains. They’ll set in eventually, so beat them before they beat you by slipping into a hot bath that’s pumped up with this muscle magic med—Dr Teal’s Epsom Salt Soaking Solution. Ahhhhhhhhhh.
Try Dr Teal’s Soothe & Sleep Epsom Salt Soaking Solution ($7.99)
For the athlete who needs to soothe aches, pains, sprains and worst of all, tired achy feet, this Soothe & Sleep Epsom Salt Soaking Solution harnesses the power of Magnesium Sulfate for whole body relief and wellness. It helps to revitalize tired, achy muscles, reduces stress, minimizes swelling and refreshes skin’s appearance.
Try Dr Teal’s Sooth & Sleep Epsom Salt Foot Soak ($7.99)
Pamper your tired achy feet with Dr Teal’s Soothe & Sleep Epsom Salt Foot Soak. Magnesium Sulfate relieves foot pain and swelling by drawing out lactic acid and impurities. Your feet will never feel so relieved.
Other formulations include:
- Dr Teal’s Relax & Relief Epsom Salt Soaking Solution with decadent minty aroma-therapeutic essential oils to soothe the senses and provide relief from stress.
- Dr Teal’s Relax & Relief Foaming Bath with spearmint oil and eucalyptus to stimulate your senses, leaving you feeling relaxed all over.
- Dr Teal’s Soothe & Sleep Epsom Salt Soaking Solution with lavender essence to encourage the best night’s sleep.
- Dr Teal’s Soothe & Sleep Foaming Bath with essential oils to soothe the senses, ease tense muscles and make all the tension in your body disappear.
Dr Teal’s products are available at Walmart, Target, Jean Coutu and Overwaitea.