We all know that working out takes work. But how much work is the question. For too many of us, our New Years resolution to get in shape is already losing serious steam. Weight loss feels like an uphill battle, especially if we’re not seeing the results we want and we’re stuck forcing ourselves to do exercises we hate. So as we turn the corner into spring, let’s make this personal.
As a celebrity trainer, I’ve seen how hard it can be to stick to a get-in-shape program you actually like. That’s why I’m dedicated to finding activities that are not only fun but will also deliver the goods. Working out shouldn’t be a chore. You should love what you are doing and feel great after. These are activities you can enjoy with friends, family or on your own. And there’s no need to sign up for a gym membership, either. All you have to do is get active and live your life. Want to torch tons of calories fast? Of course you do. So get up and get moving.
10 ACTIVITIES TO BURN 200 CALORIES IN 60 MINUTES OR LESS
1. Biking Jump on your bike and take a ride around the neighborhood. This is a great activity for everyone and the best part is that cycling for 30 minutes at 10-12 mph will burn 210 calories. Plus, this is a great activity for when you want to bring the family along for the workout.
2. Jump Rope Feel like a kid again and jump rope. Skipping is a great way to get your heart pumping and it’s a solid workout even if you don’t have a lot of time. You can burn those 200 calories in just 10-15 minutes.
3. Climbing Stairs Climb your way to killer legs! Climbing stairs doesn’t have to be done at the gym. You can do this activity at home, at the gym or at a park. Climbing stairs for 30 minutes will burn 200 calories.
5. Bowling Make your workout a perfect game. When coming up with date night ideas, don’t forget about bowling. Hitting the lanes for an hour will burn 200 calories.
6. Basketball For love of the game, get bouncing. Who doesn’t love a little friendly competition? Gather your friends or look for a pickup game, and hit the court. You only have to play for 20 minutes to burn 200 calories.
7. Jogging Lace up your shoes for a quick 25-minute jog. If you are a morning person, getting up and going for a jog is the ideal start to your day. If you like to hit the snooze button, that’s okay, too. Running after a long day is a fantastic way to wind down and release tension. Best part: A 25-minute jog will have you burning 218 calories.
9. Tennis Game, set, match! You don’t need to have skills like a Williams sister or Andy Roddick to see results from this game. Hitting the courts for 25 minutes will burn 218 calories.
10. Basic Training Are you army strong? You can be. If you are looking for a killer workout, try a basic training workout. A 30-minute workout of pushups, sit-ups and timed sprints running will burn 200 calories. For more from Joey